Higher Education courses at New College Telford are a chance to obtain a university level qualification locally, in a comfortable, supported environment.
Dedicated Higher Education facilities allow us to provide first class support to help you work towards employment in your chosen career or further study.
Who can study a Higher Education course?
We are proud to have enrolled learners from a wide variety of backgrounds onto our Higher Education courses, including parents returning to work, students who don't feel that university is right for them, people who want a fresh start and a new career, and people who want go further in their existing careers.
Our courses are designed to support both students applying straight from college, and those who might be returning to education from industry and employment.
Why study a Higher Education course at New College Telford?
- Expert Teaching Staff – All of our tutors are highly qualified. They have lots of industry experience and work hard to ensure that the course reflects the needs of the specific sector.
- Dedicated Facilities – New College Telford is committed to ensuring that equipment provided for your course meets national standards. Most recently, we have invested heavily in our HE Study Centre.
- Excellent Student Support – Supporting students both inside and out of the classroom is a high priority for our staff. Our Student Support staff are able to offer advice and support with a wide range of issues, such as pastoral, financial and careers advice.
- Affordable Courses – If you decide to study at New College Telford, you will be able to access support through student finance. You will not have to repay your course fees until you are earning over £21,000 per year.
- Flexible Learning – Many of our courses are designed specifically to fit around work, to allow you to gain relevant experience which will boost your chances of employment once you have completed your course.
- Progression to “Top Up" Courses at High Ranking Universities – Many of our students choose to carry on studying once then have completed FD or HND qualifications. All of our courses are standalone qualifications, but they also offer students the chance to move on to top up courses to secure full Bachelors qualifications at high profile institutions, such as the University of Derby.
For more information, please contact the College 01952 641 892 / email@example.com
Q&A Higher Education Report
New College Telford - Response to Higher Education Review by QAA in February 2015
This action plan explains how the college will take forward the good practice recognised by QAA and the College response to the recommendation and the affirmation made by QAA.
The action plan will be subject to regular monitoring and review.
To read the full HER report, please click on the link below:
The full action plan can be viewed by clicking on the attachment below.
Researching a Course
Students who are interested in applying for a Higher Education course can start their application up to a year before the course starts.
Starting early will allow researching your course choices carefully. Factors to consider could include:-
- What type of qualification will I gain by completing the course?
- Do I know what modules are covered as part of the course?
- Does the course offer me the chance to take part in a work placement?
- What are the facilities like at the University of College that I have chosen?
- How much does my chosen course cost?
Higher Education Courses
You can apply for our Higher Education courses via UCAS, or via our online application form here.
If you are would like to talk to an advisor to gather more information before making a decision on one of our courses, please contact students services on 01952 641 892.
For Higher Education Financial Information, please click here.